Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  Visit YaBB today Wink
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
How to help pay back.. (Read 12303 times)
May 29th, 2011 at 12:23am

jeffc   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Greetings to all denizens of the PDT website. While I have never been in the forum, I have known of this site for years and have torrented down a handful of B-grade beauties over that time but now that I have a better pipe I would like to solicit advice on how to help. One of the things it occurs to me to do is to seed as many of these online that I can. Thus, my plan currently is to set up a server box on my LAN, forward some ports to it, then download some of the less-active films. Then I would just leave them online with a bit torrent client do do the seeding. The only other thing I would add to this is that while I do have a fatter pipe than ever before, my address is dynamic because of money constraints I cannot do a static IP. That could change sometime in the near future but I think it is largely irrelevant methinks.

So my questions are these:
1. Would seeding as many files from here as I can help?
2. Is this too naive (my strategy) and are there other problems in doing this that I have not considered?
3. If I find a film from else-where that is claimed to be or I suspect it is PD, is there a way to confirm its status?

Tks
JeffC

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Jun 10th, 2011 at 2:43pm

derek   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

That sounds like a great idea and I would appreciate it very much. I'm not sure about the logistics of it (I know the bare minimum about torrent protocol...) but if you need to check the copyright status of a movie you can check the Archive.org forums. A good rule of thumb is if it is on archive.org it is public domain.

(it won't let me post this as a link yet....)
archive . org / details / feature_films

IP Logged

Reply #2 - Jun 14th, 2011 at 1:15am

jeffc   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

OK within the next week I will set up a server. For the moderators: would it help if I somehow found the movies with the least amounts of seed and started from there or just start with the movies seeded files and add to the swarm? If is movies and some/most are onces I have already downloaded, is there a way to share those w/o re-downloading everything?

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Jun 21st, 2011 at 3:54pm

Pipat4   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

The knowledge that must be stored.

IP Logged

Reply #4 - Aug 14th, 2011 at 3:23am

Marie N. Bradley   Offline
YaBB Newbies
Real state info collecting..
90 Cherokee Road,WOODSTOCK WEST VIC

If you have the server completed, will you share that in this topic?

Please PM me while you on the fly.

IP Logged

Reply #5 - Aug 15th, 2011 at 5:44am

horaizon1   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

jeffc wrote on May 29th, 2011 at 12:23am:
Greetings to all denizens of the PDT website. While I have never been in the forum, I have known of this site for years and have torrented down a handful of B-grade beauties over that time but now that I have a better pipe I would like to solicit advice on how to help. One of the things it occurs to me to do is to seed as many of these online that I can. Thus, my plan currently is to set up a server box on my LAN, forward some ports to it, then download some of the less-active films. Then I would just leave them online with a bit torrent client do do the seeding. The only other thing I would add to this is that while I do have a fatter pipe than ever before, my address is dynamic because of money constraints I cannot do a static IP. That could change sometime in the near future but I think it is largely irrelevant methinks.

So my questions are these:
1. Would seeding as many files from here as I can help?
2. Is this too naive (my strategy) and are there other problems in doing this that I have not considered?
3. If I find a film from else-where that is claimed to be or I suspect it is PD, is there a way to confirm its status?

Tks
JeffC

woww that great guide  Wink

IP Logged

Reply #6 - Aug 17th, 2011 at 4:35am

Pipat4   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

It is so much good information and knowledge as to what is a good thing too much.

IP Logged

Reply #7 - Apr 15th, 2021 at 5:09pm

NoizeeMD23   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

The knowledge that must be stored.

IP Logged

Reply #8 - Apr 16th, 2021 at 3:58am

janifer6   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

nice one

IP Logged

Reply #9 - Apr 21st, 2021 at 1:11am

Patsy J. Moore   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Anyway will look even more into it and choose personally!

IP Logged

Reply #10 - Apr 21st, 2021 at 11:52pm

Cathy Scherer   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

It is really hard to trace the problem. I have the same difficulty also. Good thing I was accommodated by roof replacement strongsville

IP Logged

Reply #11 - Apr 22nd, 2021 at 4:55am

veroplfbyds100   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

thanks for topic

IP Logged

Reply #12 - Apr 23rd, 2021 at 7:28am

Cassandra D. Everhart   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Thanks for the information.

IP Logged

Reply #13 - Apr 30th, 2021 at 2:11pm

ChristopherRichar   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Thanks for sharing this with us.

IP Logged

Reply #14 - May 4th, 2021 at 10:05pm

kitty durgans   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Thanks to put so much for effort and time.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print