Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  YaBB is sponsored by XIMinc!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Question about Japanese scifi flicks (Read 3395 times)
May 29th, 2011 at 12:06am

jeffc   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Ever since I was a kid (longer ago than I care to admit) I have loved the Japanese monster flicks (Godzilla et al) and seeing Gamera (Gammera is how it is spelled here but whatever) made me look through the files to see if there were any other movies of a similar type here and so far there are not. This to me begs the question: if Gamera is PD, why is it the only one? To put it another way, if the others that came out about the same time as this are not PD, why is Gamera? In truth I would love to find more (and I know that Gamera shows up in other PD flicks along with some lesser monsters) of these films which I have always had to catch on TV and now they seem to be hard to find. Bummer.

Also (please remember I am new here, more or less) but is there a search engine for the movies so if you are not sure which category something is in you could just search and find it?

Tks in advance
JeffC

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Jun 10th, 2011 at 2:42pm

derek   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

I don't believe there is a search engine, but if you click the "All" category you could CTRL+F and type what you were looking for. As for Gamera, I love that turtle too. There are about 4 Gamera movies that are Public domain, and those are only the AIP dubs of those movies.

Gamera the Invincible
Attack of the Monsters (Gamera vs. Guiron)
Destroy All Planets (Gamela vs. Bairus)
and War of the Monsters (Daikaijû kettô: Gamera tai Barugon)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print